Hi Christian,

some browser make problem when starting html files locally (mostly because
of HttpRequest commands). Perhaps this is the problem with your SVG.

FF: makes no problem

Chrome: You can use a --allow-file-access-from-files command line switch

Opera: Type in about:config. Expand the UserPrefs Section. Activate "Allow
File XMLHttpRequest"

IE8 and IE9: Go to Internet Explorer options - Advanced and under Security
select "Allow active components to run from file in my computer". restart
Explorer.

IE9: this is a know bug (BugID 642739)

With IE8 you need a PlugIn

Armin