--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "David Dailey" <ddailey@...> wrote:

> Thanks to all who offered suggestions here. I think I'll go this direction.
> I used to print to PostScript files with similar effect, so this makes
> sense. Using PrtScrn would capture the image, just fine, but it is then a
> bitmap and I need to retain its vector qualities.

Last time I checked Opera will print only bitmaps from SVG, even to a
Postscript Printer. ASV for sure allways rasterizes, although the print
resolution (dpi) can be configured:

<?AdobeSVGViewer [resolution="number"] [save="no|snapshot|original"]?>
see http://www.svgopen.org/2002/papers/sorotokin__svg_secrets/

For my maps that get printed in newspapers the best vector conversion happens
with SVGs printed through Safari as PDF (PDF 1.4 introduced opacity, Postscript
does not). Firefox is second best but may switch to bitmap printing when
opacity is involved.

Did I get that right that your examples only work in Opera/ASV? Then you're
probably out of luck with regard to vector printing.

Michael