Hi Barkha,

Take a look at this example; it may give some ideas on how to zoom on all or
part of an SVG

http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/recent/sliderzoom2.svg

This example now seems to work everywhere but in Safari/Windows (which has
pretty spotty SVG support*, lagging a half year or so behind Chrome it would
seem). Chrome just recently became able to handle it, if I remember
correctly.

In another case:
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/newstuff/zoom.svg the viewBox is
simply animated (works properly in Opera,  IE/ASV, and I think old versions
of Firefox - won't work in webkit since animate support is still fledgling,
and new Firefox seems to have resurrected an old problem with when events
fire - it could be that my code here is just old and brittle since I wrote
it in 2005 or so, but the principle should be the same if one reworks all
the scripted DOM stuff with simple SVG).

At present, each author writes his or her own pan and zoom functionality,
despite the spec having perfunctory language requiring some of that
functionality to be native (albeit nonstandard). Maybe SVG 2.0 will give
some relief; I'm not sure what was decided here.

Cheers

David