Arjen:
> Remove the px in the font-size declaration. The size is not in pixels
> but in viewbox units.

px and unitless values are always equivalent when they represent lengths
in SVG.

Srinivas:
>> Here, though I am setting font-size="120px", when I view the
>> svg file in browser, it is not 120 pixel high.

It seems to be using the right font size for me in Firefox (Nightly,
17).  Compare it with an HTML page with 120px Arial text.  Just because
the font size is 120px doesn't mean that the distance from the bottom of
the "H" to the top is 120px -- that's just the ascent of the font.