I can share your frustration, and I know people are working on improving
the online editor, but I don't know any of the specifics.

As an alternative to the online editor, I've found the command-line
validator useful: https://www.npmjs.com/package/swagger-cli

Its validation results are not the same as what the online editor returns,
however.

--
Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may
include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Leaf