Jim Pye wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 23:15 +1300, Jim Pye wrote:
>> Just installed swamp 1.6.1 via the openSUSE 11.1 rpms from the build
>> service.
>>
>> I was wondering why I was not getting the example workflows on the home
>> page as I started to get into doing the demos.

>> I see from a previous posting (that mentions a different error) the
>> solution mentioned getting the xercesImpl-2.9.0.jar  file, and another,
>> from the svn. Looking in my webapps/webswamp/WEB-INF/lib directory I see
>> a bunch of .jar files but none mention xerces in their name. So I guess
>> I need this file too. However trying the link in the previous post,
>> [swamp-devel] build.xml:121: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/w3c/dom/DOMError, I get a 404 error.
>>
>> Ideas?  Or is this a bug that needs reporting on the Bugzilla?
>>
>> I did check and the xerces-j2 package is installed going by the Yast
>> Software Management, but I guessing that this is not what
>> Tomcat/webswamp is looking for.
>>
>> openSUSE 11.1
>> Tomcat6
>> Sun Java 1.6
>> Swamp 1.6.1
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jim
>>

> Just after posting I had a brainstorm and did a little searching about
> the svn URL from the other post and found the xerces file mentioned in
> that other post at:
>
> https://swamp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/swamp/trunk/swamp/lib/
>
> Downloaded the two files mentioned:
>
> xercesImpl-2.9.0.jar
> xml-apis-2.0.2.jar
>
> to my webapps/webswamp/WEB-INF/lib directory, changed the file owner to
> tomcat and restarted, and wohooo.
>
> So are there any other .jar files I need for a 1.6.1 installation?

Hi Jim, I think that is because tomcat6 does not have an internal xerces, but
tomcat55
had those jars included. I am not aware of any other needed libs, but please
post it
if you encounter missing ones.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Tools