I have an original Softporn disk (On-Line Systems) that doesn't work because
(1) the imbecile shipper shipped it in a padded envelope which (2) the
imbecile mail carrier jammed into my tiny apartment mailbox, bending it.
Fortunately I only paid $3 for it, but still.

Had one doofus from England MAKE his own box by taping a bunch of pieces of
cardboard together.  Flimsy as hell, no protection whatsoever from crushing.
Game package (European Zork Nemesis) got the hell beat out of it, CDs were
scratched, jewel case was in a billion shards.  I chewed him out big-time
and got every penny of my money back, including the shipping I originally
paid and the cost to ship it back to him.

The thing I HATE more than anything?  Is when they say they'll ship it in a
Priority Mail box and then do... except with no packing material whatsoever,
so the game box gets all jostled around and the corners get dented.  Morons.
Almost as bad are the ones who simply wrap the game box with brown parcel
paper, "Oh, I thought you cared about the *game*, not the *box*."  Nimrods.

I have left negative feedback for piss-poor packing jobs.  If I don't buy
insurance and the game gets dented in transit, I'll take the loss, but only
if the seller follows my packing instructions and at least TRIES to ensure
it gets there safely.

And you're right, Dan, "Do Not Bend" means jack.  Actually in some cases "Do
Not Bend" appears to mean "Fold in half and then pound on it a little for
good measure."  The safest way to go is insured.  My P.O. contacts tell me
insured packages are handled with greater care than uninsureds (which are
often just tossed around), are stored under lock and key so no one can steal
them, etc.  Even so, filing for damages takes a lot of time, you need
evidence to support the value of the item so they don't claim it's insurance
fraud, and even if you do get the money back it's still not as good as
having the game.