Everyone runs into one eventually.  I've sent total strangers cash overseas, delt with tons of people on ebay, private sites, list members and people that I know only by an e-mail address someone sent me.  Everyone has turned out fine.  Every now and then you get a real jerk, or someone who sells 500 items a week and could care less about your one puny complaint, but this one is driving me nuts.

    Communication stopped over a month ago.  I've sent a steady stacatto of e-mail messages into /dev/null it seems.  While I never had to use it, I think eBay offers some manner of fraud protection.  A quick look shows a $25 deductable.  The four items exceed $25, but each individual item is well under that.  Paypal won't help once the money has been withdrawn by the receiver (I think).  So, pretty much looks like I'm eating this one.
    Any advice, or at least some stories about getting blindsided or totally stiffed?

Dan

PS - Total irony here... the e-mail address for this person is @atcc.com.  If you go to http://www.atcc.com, its a religious site.  When I sent an e-mail message there, I got an autoresponder from a bishop's e-mail (or that's what it said).  Who would think of getting the shaft from one of the cloth?