From: C.E. Forman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 12:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Today's finds

> Now you've got me started, how are you going to stop me? :-)...

Nah, it's interesting.  I could stand to brush up on my EA.

> Robot Rascals is a tougher one to find...but then again some people might
> not consider it a flat box...I do.  It is what I call the Fat Box
variation
> (here's a fatbox pic:  http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/fatbox.jpg).
It
> has the same dimensions, but is the thickness of about 3 standard flat
> boxes.  Anyone interested can read more on my flat box page
> (http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/eaflats.htm).

Yeah, like Bard's Tale II and (as you add) Radio Baseball.  I found a
Rascals in a used-software store in St. Louis once, sold it or, IIRC, $35.

> One of the hardest flat boxes to find for me was another Fat Box -- Radio
> Baseball (http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/gallery/image71.htm).  It
was
> one of the last flat box games (1986) and wasn't very popular.  It took me
2
> years of searching eBay every week to find one, which I won.  I think it
> went for $5.  Like I said it wasn't popular.  It might be the rarest, but
> still don't think it would fetch much on eBay.  Funny though, I've had
about
> 5 people contact me searching the web for that game (and running into my
> site).  They always want a copy very badly, so it seems to have a bit of a
> cult following.

Didn't I sell you a badly damaged one a couple of years back?  Sold one to
someone.  I found it in TomMage's huge lot of 10,000 games.  God, those were
the days, driving up early, digging through the hundred or so boxes of
stuff.  B-)

Thanks for the info.  I haven't come across any of the others you mention
(heard of D-Bug but that's it).  Will keep an eye out for them now that I
know they're at least uncommon.