Not even 50, he was 49. And he died of a heart attack. :(

I don't know if it's the same compilation, but I recently got from Amazon
"The Ultimate Hitchhiker...". It's the five books of the trilogy (sic) and
an extra story called "Young Zaphod plays it safe". Price was more or less
the one you mentioned and it's hardcover too, so I guess it's the same
thing. Definitely a must.

I read Adams _after_ finding out Terry Pratchett (some of you will at least
know him from the Discworld games), who is equally fantastic.

Pedro R. Quaresma
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

          Chris Newman

          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

          14/11/01 13:35

          Solicita-se resposta a

          swcollect                      Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                          A/C:

                                          Ref:

                                          cc:

                                        Assunto: Re: [SWCollect] New SKUs

Side note:

The Hitchhikers' Guide series is one of the best written sci-fi humor epics
of all
time!

I've noticed that the hardcover compliation (w/all five books and an extra
short
story) has been in the bargain books racks at B&N for the past 2 years. It
is a
steal at $15. I've a suspicion that the "bargain" status is a marketing
ploy, and
the book is a consistent seller.

If you've never read the series pick it up! (Or, you can download the
complete
works from many places).

The author, Douglas Adams, died a few months ago. I think he was only 50.
50!

"C.E. Forman" wrote:

> Actually, no.  Ford gives Arthur the Babel fish in the book.

SKUs

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/