"Stephen S. Lee" wrote:

> Hello, we've had discussion about machines for playing old games on a PC
> before.  Before this involved desktops.  What I'm interested in is a
> portable oldskool gaming machine.

The HP 200LX is, literally, an 8086 crammed into a palmtop with a mini
keyboard.  It runs at about 8MHz and handles CGA.  Getting one for cheap is
unfortunately the hard part.

Otherwise, pretty much any old machine will do.  To make life easier on
yourself, get any laptop with one or more build-in 3.5" drives (don't have to
be high-density) so that you can create bootable disks, transfer files, etc.
using any modern 3.5" drive.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?     Drop by http://www.mobygames.com/