From: Jim Leonard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 12:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Micro League Baseball

"C.E. Forman" wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4315&item=1940428873

> You guys notice this one?  Unbe-freakin'-lieveable.  This is the only
sports
> game I've ever seen that's fetched a good collector's price, wonder what's
> so special about it?  I know I've gotten a lot of Shoppe requests for
Micro
> League.

The Micro League series was a hit (no pun intended) in the early days
because
they were pure statistical simulations -- like "fantasy football" but for
more
than just football -- and they were very thorough.

The baseball series in particular was updated by several yearly update disks
with complete team rosters.  It was a mandatory thing to own if you were a
baseball fan and used computers, kind of like how XOR Corporation's NFL
Challenge was a mandatory software title for anyone into fantasy football.

Useless detective work:  The seller uses webtv, so he's probably an older
retired guy getting around to selling his stuff.  The buyers were half new,
half experienced.  Based on their previous purchases, they are all sports
fans
primarily and computer users secondary (more likely, a distant third :).
Maybe that helps understand the high price -- some baseball fan out there
was
a big fan of (some team) in (some year) and wanted to simulate fantasy
baseball using something universally known to do it well.  (I knew those
psychology classes would come in handy :)
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.oldskool.org/