I had to dig deep into my mailbox to find the original definition of "Quaresma's Law", here is how the whole thing started:

Pedro: Seriously, that is a hell of a bundle. Easily worth around $1500 USDs on
eBay.

Alexander: $1500? Nah. The FM Towns games fetched $100 - $350 on eBay in the past, but
I'd say $150 is the definite upper limit for anybody who knows the market.

Pedro: Anybody who knows the market != Usual eBay bidders.

Alexander: Nice equation ;-)

Pedro: Let's call it Quaresma's Law! ;)

Hereafter me and Alexander started dubbing all those auctions in which unexperienced eBayers bid ludicrous amounts for a common game (like $150 for a Ultima 5), "good examples of Quaresma's Law".

So there you have it, it's official now! ;)

--
Pedro R. Quaresma
Salvador Caetano IMVT

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein