From: "Usability Surveys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 6:58 PM
Subject: Help us evaluate eBay and receive $50 and an eBay pen for your
efforts

Dear eBay Member,

You have been selected to participate in a very important eBay online study,
which is being conducted by NetRaker Corporation on eBay's behalf.

The study involves completing 8 tasks on the eBay web site, including
buying and selling tasks, and answering questions about your experiences as
you go along. The estimated time to complete the study is between 45 and 120
minutes. In appreciation for your time and input, $50 and 2 eBay pens will
be sent to you within ten business days of completing the study.

During the study, you  will be asked to purchase 2 items on eBay, and to
list an eBay pen for auction, even if you have never sold anything on eBay
before. Again, the pens will be sent to you within ten business days of
completing the study. One is to ship to the winning eBay bidder if the pen
successfully sold, and the other is for you to keep.

Since buying, paying, and selling will take place on the live eBay Web site
during the study, you should be prepared to use your eBay userid and
password to log into the site when prompted. If you have never sold items on
eBay, you will also be required to enter your credit card and bank account
information in order to list the eBay pen for sale. It will be useful to
have a check handy while completing the study, since the bank check routing
number will be required when listing an item for the first time.

Individual responses will be used for research purposes only and will remain
strictly confidential. The information you provide will be used in
accordance with the eBay Privacy Policy, which can be found at the following

To see if you qualify to participate in this study, please copy and paste
the appropriate link (see below) into your browser:

AOL and Compuserve users, copy and paste this link:
<A
HREF="http://www.netraker.com/code/delivery.asp?action=IE&SID=545280&FID=169
4787"> Click Here </a>

Everyone else, copy and paste this link:
http://www.netraker.com/code/delivery.asp?action=IE&SID=545280&FID=1694787

Thank you in advance for your time.

- eBay Usability

If you have any concerns about the validity of this survey, you may contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  and eBay
will respond with confirmation  that  this survey is legitimate. You may
also visit eBay at www.ebay.com <http://www.ebay.com/>  and click the "Live
Help" icon (just below the search box on the home page).

eBay truly respects the opinions of its Members. We are contacting you for
market research purposes only and you will not be re-contacted as a result
of your participation in this study.  All information collected is
confidential and the information you provide will be used strictly within
eBay's Privacy Policy, which can be found at the following URL:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-priv.html.

You have received this email because your preferences indicated that you
were willing to participate in eBay surveys.  To change your notification
preferences, which determine how you would like eBay to communicate with
you, please visit our Notification Change page (please note that it might
take up to 14 days to process your request).
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OptinLoginShow