On Jan 15, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Pedro Quaresma wrote:

That is excellent news indeed! But what do you mean by "not perfectly"? With slowdowns/choppy?

The sound and music were messed up. I got some of the opening music, but none of the Guardian's speech. I haven't played into the game yet, but being able to get started is a big test.

I also tested out the MT-32 emulator version of DosBox, but that crashes and burns on my PC. My gaming PC has one of the Intel Hyperthreading CPUs which might be causing the problem. I may try compiling the source and see what happens.

I've compiled DosBox itself on OS X. It runs, but I haven't gotten Ultima IV to run correctly. It will load the game, but the graphics are horribly garbled.

There is also a new public beta version of VDMSound at http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2071 which I'm playing with.

--

Edward Franks