Correction -- Ali Baba was 1982.  Heracles was 83.

I don't know much about Quality Software except that they were based in
Reseda, CA.  My guess is that the rights to these games reverted back to
Stuart Smith and he sold them to EA.

Here are links to the box scans.

http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/gallery/Ali%20Baba.jpg
http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/gallery/The%20Return%20of%20Heracles
jpg

The Ali Baba on eBay looked like it was a folio hangar.  Mine is a thin
box (about 9" tall x 6" wide).  Standard 2-piece type box.  However,
mine is the Apple version and there is an Apple supplement in it so it
was likely for the Atari first and the one on eBay is likely the
original package.  My Heracles is the same exact type of box as my Ali,
even though it is for the Atari, but it was also a year later.  So
Quality Software probably switched to this type of box after the
original printing of Ali.  Just an educated guess.

Hugh