Hugh Falk wrote:

> Figure $100 a night for room rates, but it could be a little more or
> less depending on negotiations.
>
> I'd like to avoid July/August so we're not stepping on the toes of CGE.
> How about October, March, April or May -- very nice here in SD.

October would be OK I think - hotels tend to be a bit cheaper after
mid-September too.

> One of my hopes is to recreate the original EA "We See Farther" poster:
>
> http://www.classicgaming.com/gotcha/ea.htm
>
> I think that between John and I, we know most of these folks.  Mike
> Abbott is here in San Diego as well.

Local guests would be great since we then save on hotel costs.  For
people that need to be flown in though, I think we nned to limit it to
groups of 1 or 2 people per 'lecture'.

Here is a proposed schedule that would allow for 7 'lecture'/Q&A
periods:

Sat
---
10:00am - speaker 1
11:30   - speaker 2
 1:00   - lunch (on your own)
 2:00   - speaker 3
 3:30   - speaker 4
 5:00   - end of day 1

Sun
---
10:00am - speaker 5
11:30   - speaker 6
 1:00   - lunch (on your own)
 2:00   - speaker 7
 3:30   - free time/time to trade with fellow attendees
 5:00   - end of meeting

Throughout both days, vendors will be in the exhibit hall as well, and
we can have a 'museum' section with highlights of our collections in
it..

I think we should put up a web site summarizing some of this info, and
it will start to get the word out too.  Does someone want to do this?  I
can make the page but I don't have anywhere to post it at the moment.  I
know several of you have big websites and could probably squeeze it in
though