On Apr 8, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Jim Leonard wrote:

In your opinion, which is worth more? Consider three nearly identical items in terms of content and quality, except:

#1 has a registration card
#2 has a registration card but it is filled out with the previous owners details (he just never sent it in)
#3 has no registration card

(BTW, there's no need to take this seriously. :) But still, you have to wonder, eh? I ranked the above in what I consider most to least worth, but I'm curious if anyone disagrees.

I agree with #1, but for me 2 and 3 are equivalent. It is the fact the registration (warranty) card is there and pristine that gives the edge over the other two. Otherwise if I can't theoretically use it it has no value to me.

For _me_ looking for the registration card would be at the fussy nitpicking stage of choosing from several equally good options. The lack of the registration card (or catalog/other sales literature) don't make a game non-complete in my mind. It is the stuff that goes with the actual game that makes it complete (HHGtG's no tea being an exception :-)). If you want that just-opened-time-capsule feel, though, I can see why people would want the extras.

--

Edward Franks