You’re absolutely right. I would have chimed in on this one but you had it covered ;)

The three IBM releases were as follows:

1983 – Glossy Box / Blue Print Label © 1983 Disk (Old Logo / Exodus Face)

1986 – Regular Box / Blue Print Label © 1983 Disk (Old Logo / Exodus Face)

1987 – Regular Box / Black Print Label © 1987 Disk (Old Logo / No Face)

IBM Trilogy (Both First & Second Editions):

1989 - Black Print Label © 1989 Disk (New Logo / Exodus Face)

There are other content differences, but that will help determine which disk belongs to which release.

Steve