No, there was no embedded fonts... This is a "static text" textfield (I don't really know it is called in english versions of Flash, in french it says "Texte statique"), so you cannot embedded characters...

I'll report it on the Trac thing...
Thanks !

On 4/19/06, Steve Webster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quentin,

> Hi there !
> I don't know if this has been noticed before (I couldn't find it in
> the
> archives) but I've found something weird...
>
> I tried to place a SWF on a frame, and this SWF only had a "static
> text"
> textfield on the _root. Unfortunately, when generating a new SWF
> and opening
> it, it was blank... It took me a while to understand the the
> problem was the
> textfield... I broke (ctrl+b) the text twice (to have shapes
> instead) and
> recompiled it, and suddenly, it worked !
>
> Here is the XML I'm using :
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
>> <movie width="550" height="400" framerate="24">
>>     <background color="#ffffff"/>
>>     <frame>
>>         <library>
>>            <clip id="theStamp" import="stamp.swf"/>
>>         </library>
>>         <place id="theStamp" name="stamp" depth="1"/>
>>     </frame>
>> </movie>
>>

> I don't know why, maybe someone out there has a clue...
> Thanks !

Did the loaded SWF file have embedded fonts? If so this might be the
cause of your problem.

Either way, there's a bug here somewhere. Can you report this on the
Trac environment at http://mirror1.cvsdude.com/trac/osflash/swfmill -
it'll help Dan and I keep track of bug reports and feature requests.
Include attachments if your can so give us a case to test with.

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steve Webster