Thanks a lot for the good work on the SVG import, Ralf! I am especially
happy about the referenced linear and radial gradients and inherited styles,
because it would allow to specify something like palettes in SVG. This is a
feature that is afaik missing in the flash IDE, making Inkscape and other
SVG tools a better alternative from now.

I'll definitely try it out over the next days. Thanks again!

About my problem with the black fill stretching to the sides of the stage:
Funny enough, the reason was that I used old SWF and player versions (5 and
7), which I foolishly thought to be more stable. The shapes were actually
perfectly closed. The glitches disappeared after I set the SWF version from
5 to 6, or alternatively upgraded the player from 7 to 8. Guess I'll stick
to more recent versions from now and use SWFs and players of the same
version...