Hi everyone,
I managed to compile Swfmill for Mac OS X! :D

You need to install Fink (http://www.finkproject.org/) to get the necessary
tools.

Here are the steps I followed, it's possible that I had some necessary tools
pre-installed in my machine from previous development, let me know if it
doesn't work for you:

# Get libtool
fink install libtool14  # Not the default libtool, it doesn't work for this.
# Make a directory
mkdir swfmill
cd swfmill
# Get the source
svn checkout http://swfmill.org/svn/trunk
cd trunk
# Configure
./autogen.sh
# Build!
make
# Check that it worked
ls -l src/swfmill

You should have a nice ~4Mb file there.

Things to look out for when running ./autogen.sh:
configure.ac:10: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
This is pretty tricky because it doesn't show up as an error at the end of
the run, it's a bit higher up.  It means you don't have libtool installed
properly.

release-mac.sh doesn't work in my machine because it has hardcoded paths to
dan's home directory in an extra linking step. However, that step doesn't
seem necessary, I commented it out and the rest of the script run just fine
(with the wget and scp lines commented out too).

I copied the resulting tar to a clean machine and ran the tests and
everything seems Ok. :D

Please try to reproduce and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers,
JJ

PS: I'm on holidays right now, so please forgive me if I'm slow to respond.