Just checked out swfmill 0.2.12.6 with "bzr co lp:swfmill" (as suggested on mailing list by Daniel Cassidy)
System is Ubuntu 9.10 i386 with gcc/g++ 4.4.1 (g++ -v output quoted at the end of this message) I am getting a compile error when doing make after ./configure: g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"swfmill\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"swfmill\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.2.12.6\" "-DPACKAGE_STRING=\"swfmill 0.2.12.6\"" "-DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"[email protected] \"" -DPACKAGE=\"swfmill\" -DVERSION=\"0.2.12.6\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_DLFCN_H=1 -I. -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I../ -g -O2 -MT libswft_la-swft_import.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libswft_la-swft_import.Tpo -c swft_import.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libswft_la-swft_import.o swft_import.cpp: In function 'void swft_addFileName(xmlNode*, const char*)': swft_import.cpp:13: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*' make[3]: *** [libswft_la-swft_import.lo] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/amn/.post-install-setup/.cache/swfmill-src/swfmill-0.2.12.6/src/swft' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/amn/.post-install-setup/.cache/swfmill-src/swfmill-0.2.12.6/src' make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/amn/.post-install-setup/.cache/swfmill-src/swfmill-0.2.12.6/src' As it appears, the error has to do with error on implicit casting of a "const char *filename" to a "char *" when being passed as a parameter to the 'strrchr' call on line 13 in function body of 'swft_addFileName" in file src/swft/swft_import.cpp Should the implicit casting work? Why does 4.4.1 suddenly reject it while earlier gcc accepted it. Perhaps a compiler switch is set wrong? Or is no longer used by the compiler? I have compiled Scintilla and Scite with it without problems, both also use the traditional "./configure && make && sudo make install" procedure.. "g++ -v" output: Using built-in specs. Target: i486-linux-gnu Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-multiarch --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --program-suffix=-4.4 --enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-objc-gc --enable-targets=all --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i486 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=i486-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-gnu --target=i486-linux-gnu Thread model: posix gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) _______________________________________________ swfmill mailing list [email protected] http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
