On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 16:05, Daniel Cassidy <m...@danielcassidy.me.uk> wrote:
> 2009/11/7 armen...@gmail.com <armen...@gmail.com>:
>> That only works for movie clips, and also I am not sure it works at
>> all for SWFs destined for the newer AVM2. Can anybody shed a light on
>> this? Is the class attribute only valid for MovieClip's and does it
>> guarantee actual class generation?
>
> It’s only used for the old AVM1 (AS1/2). It isn’t necessary to
> generate class stubs for AVM1 because of the different way movie clips
> are instantiated and associated with classes.

Ok, that is what I thought, MTASC references and all..

How would you propose I set about implementing class stubs for AVM2
with swfmill, so that we can instantiate assets from swfmill generated
SWFs successfully at runtime?

I have sort of peeked at the methods, traits and sequences of opcodes
required to setup the classes and link them to an asset properly, but
since you have experience with the source code, may be you can set me
off in a right direction?