2009/12/2 Fred <phr...@gmail.com>:
> I've got a swf2xml which contains something like...

>   <DefineBitsLossless2 objectID="1" format="5" width="243" height="256">
>        <data>
>          <data>eNrtnQl8TOf6x3+WCKFS+1ZFaU
>        vn8vWyJshf8B9JqkqA==</data></data>
>      </DefineBitsLossless2>
>
> What is the encoding type of the inner data element?

It is the raw bitmap data used by Flash, base 64 encoded (so as to be
valid within an XML document).

Once you’ve base 64 decoded it, the format is zlib-compressed
ALPHABITMAPDATA as specified by the SWF specification. That is, for
each pixel in the image from left to right, top to bottom: one byte
alpha, one byte red, one byte green, one byte blue. Don’t forget to
decompress it first! :)

Hope this helps,
Dan.