Hi List, I hope everyone had a good Christmas.
As a late Christmas present for OS X users, here is a pre-release of swfmill for OS X (Intel only): <http://swfmill.org/pre/swfmill-0.3.0.1-macosx.tar.gz>. The next full release of swfmil (0.3.1) will include Windows and OSX binaries. I’ve put it through some basic sanity tests and it seems to work well, but it would be helpful if some OSX users on the list would try using it for some real work and let me know if it works for them. If you want to build your own swfmill from the Bazaar trunk, instructions are as follows: 1) Build and install libpng and freetype from source (./configure && make && sudo make install). 2) Check out swfmill and build as follows: ./autogen.sh && XML_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libxml2 \ XML_LIBS=-lxml2 \ XSLT_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libxml2 \ XSLT_LIBS="-lxslt -lxml2" \ EXSLT_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/libxml2 \ EXSLT_LIBS="-lexslt -lxslt -lxml2" \ FREETYPE_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include" \ FREETYPE_LIBS="/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.a -lz" \ PNG_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/libpng12" \ PNG_LIBS="/usr/local/lib/libpng12.a -lz" \ ./configure --disable-shared && make It is possible to build swfmill with just ./configure && make, but to do that you have to build and install libxml2, libxslt, libexslt and pkg-config. That doesn’t seem worthwhile to me since the three XML libraries are provided with OSX. You also end up with a binary that’s dynamically linked to all of its dependencies, which is fine if you only want to use it on your own system, but a nuisance if you want to distribute it. I plan to make some changes over the next few days to make building on OSX much less painful! Bye, Dan. _______________________________________________ swfmill mailing list [email protected] http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
