On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Chris Pugh <nisse...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/21 Yousif Masoud <yousif.mas...@gmail.com>
>
> Hello,
>> Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I'm still having the same issue with
>> swftools 0.9.0 (I downloaded today and installed on a Debian x64 server):
>>
>> pdf2swf -v gives:
>> pdf2swf - part of swftools 0.9.0
>>
>> When I issue pdf2swf -I filename.pdf, I get:
>> NOTICE  Output filename not given. Writing to filename.swf
>>

> Don't use -o { stating an output swf filename ), and the program uses the
> given input file name less the file extension by default.
>
> May one ask what exactly it is, that incorrect about this behaviour?
> How do you see this as a 'bug' ( with either a 32 or 64bit system )?
>
> [JOOI]
>

> Chris.

Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm not using the -o flag.  I have tested that several times including
typing the command below directly into the command prompt.

The command I type is:
>> pdf2swf -I filename.pdf

and it produces:
NOTICE  Output filename not given. Writing to filename.swf

When I import the pdf2swf.c file from a swftools package (downloaded 4
months ago) and re-compile, I don't get the notice above anymore and the
output goes to stdout.

Apologies if I implied this was a bug, that was not my intention.