i've experienced the same. "sometimes", if transformations are applied to
the loaded swf the selection vanishes. after a long time trying i had no
success.
putting a transparent shape above the found word solved it for me. this way
it's also possible to have links linking w/o pdf2swf link function (parsing
text and searching for urls, email) and w/o having real links in the pdf.

hope that helped in some way.

yours,
  filip