I've tried searching the archives and found similar posts but often these
are outdated and refer to next releases.

We are creating a tool that will present swfs from uploaded PDFs however we
need to identify certain words/characters (product numbers) within the
generated swf, then position a button over top of these to perform various
tasks (add to basket, bookmark whatever).

I can find and highlight the text using loader.content["textSnapshot"] as
TextSnapshot; but is it possible to position something on top of the
highlighted text or do I need to hook into some of the other tools such as
swfdump for this?

Apologies if this has been covered before, happy to be pointed in the right
direction.

Dan