Hi Parker,

I noticed the IndexPath overhead when I investigated why a Swift 3
implementation of UICollectionViewLayout.layoutAttributesForElementsInRect
spent more time in malloc, free and related methods, but I don't have a
benchmark.

Is it important that IndexPath uses native Swift refcounting? It seems to
me that this type is mainly used in ObjC interop code. In native Swift code
I would always try to avoid using a dynamically sized, heap allocated array
as a data structure index. If NSIndexPath can't be bridged to a native
Swift type without introducing additional overhead, then maybe it shouldn't
be bridged at all?

- Stephan