> On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Greg Parker <gpar...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Michael, one of your changes broke all three ASAN bots. Please fix or revert
> ASAP.
>
> (Could this be related to https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/8169
> <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/8169> ? I didn't confirm that the bot's
> change lists are correct.)

It is more complicated than you would think. I looked at this earlier. The
change itself looks benign and in fact it was happening without ASAN when I had
written it in a previous manner. I thought it was a compiler bug so I rewrote
it in a simpler manner and the problem went away. If you look at
53eab13be8dd1202428af1b5c315f17c1ab02186, I am just moving some code into a
method.

It is not related to the other PR which is due to more COW copies occuring. It
appears that I fixed all of the COW issues with a release stdlib (when client
is compiled in Debug), but there may be additional COW copies when the stdlib
is compiled in Debug mode. = /.

Michael