On Jul 28, 2017, at 2:20 PM, Joe Groff via swift-dev <swift-dev@swift.org>
wrote:

> Overall, my intuition is that the tradeoffs come out in favor for nonunique
> metadata objects, but what do you all think? Is there anything I'm missing?

I think your proposal makes sense, particularly when we start caring about
metadata/conformances for non-nominal types, which don’t have a declaration
location.  They are a bit over the horizon right now, but we need to support
making tuples conform to protocols someday.  Eliminating the requirement for
them to be uniquely emitted across the entire program would make that much
simpler, because otherwise you’re in the land of weak symbols or something.

-Chris