Hello,

In docs/Testing.md, “long test” is acknowledged but never defined. When should
tests be marked “long_test”? I’m asking because there are arguably a number of
latent long_test tests that are exposed on many-core machines.

Speaking of many-core machines, there really isn’t a practical difference
between smoke/primary testing and secondary/validation testing. Both test
suites rush through 95-99% of the tests in very short order, and then wait a
relatively long time for the remaining tests to finish. Can we move some of the
exhaustive/stress tests in the “primary” suite to the validation suite?
Likewise, can we move some of the short/functional tests in the validation
directory to the primary test directory? That would match people’s expectations
better, would it not?

Dave