> If we are going to support something like this, I’d rather see it be
> something everyone could leverage as there are many use cases for this
> feature:
>
> #if available("package-name", "1.2.*")
> #endif

Big +1.

I've asked specifically to get some kind of conditional compilation on
corelibs-foundation
<https://lists.swift.org/pipermail/swift-corelibs-dev/Week-of-Mon-20151228/000287.html>
 being used.  corelibs-founcation is currently incompatible with Darwin
Foundation, and so it is impractical to make a single codebase build for both.

But building the same application against both Foundations and spotting
differences is one of the important ways we're going to spot bugs.

So I think the code quality of Foundation ultimately hinges on getting some
feature like this in the language.