+1 on first-class regex support/pattern matching on regex patterns.

There was a thread a while ago discussing compile-time code generation, and
if I recall correctly one of the stated use cases was
'compiling'/'building' (don't know the real terminology) regex literals at
compile-time. Is there a bigger overall vision for this sort of feature, or
would it be better to just focus on better regex support?

Best,
Austin