> On Apr 7, 2016, at 6:17 AM, Brent Royal-Gordon via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
> Having said all this, now that we have `#Self`, I'm wondering if we still
> want `Self` in value types. The two are *exactly* equivalent in value types
> as far as I can tell, and `Self` in classes implies dynamic behavior which is
> not supported by value types. The use of `Self` in class member bodies is a
> clean win, the existence of `#Self` is a clean win, but I'm not sure we need
> the value type thing too.

I prefer the consistency that it be available across types without exception
more than I care that the functionality is duplicated. Plus if Swift eventually
introduces derived value types, it may play a bigger role.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/12644/
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/12644/>
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/10652
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/10652>