> On May 2, 2016, at 3:45 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>> NSError bridging can also be extracted from the runtime, and the same
>> functionality exposed as a factory initializer on NSError:
>>

> I think that this proposal is overall really great, but what does it do to
> the “catch let x as NSError” pattern?  What is the replacement?  If the
> result is ugly, we may have to subset out NSError out of this pass, and
> handle it specifically with improvements to the error bridging story.

Grant me the serenity to accept the `NSError` I cannot change and the courage
to change the bridging conversions I should. Grant me the wisdom to know the
difference between a partial solution that offers a cleaner more predictable
interface set now and a full solution that cannot be achieved in a reasonable
timeframe.

-- E