FWIW, totally agree with this opinion. I also don't understand why "poor beginner who would start typing swift code before reading the manual" becomes so important when we decide to accept or not some new feature or change. Are we working on language that must be used just to teach children/beginners for programming or the main purpose of Swift is developing of real(often complex) software products?

Please don't tell me that Swift *can* be used to teach children/beginners, I know this, and I believe this is good, and only very basic syntax/features will be used for this.