> Swift doesn’t have this problem, so it treats warnings as “things that should
> be addressed before you commit your patch, but shouldn’t block a build if
> (e.g.) you’re in the middle of a big refactoring”.  For example, an unused
> variables is a warning in Swift.

That sounds an awful lot like the way Xcode's templates use warnings:

        func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, numerOfRowsInSection section:
Int) -> Int {
                #warning "Implement something useful here."
                return 0
        }

(Incidentally, I prefer `#warning` to `#warning(_:)` here, because I think of
the parentheses forms as expressions.)

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies