Way back when, there was an unresolved discussion was about whether it’s a bug
or a feature that $0 sometimes captures a single arg and sometimes captures all
args as a tuple:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/3915/
    https://bugs.swift.org/browse/SR-586

I mention this because it would be a breaking change to make $0 consistently
capture the first arg, and I wonder whether that should be in the Swift 3?

(If anybody wants to comment on the question, I recommend catching up on the
discussion in the links above first.)

Cheers, P