> On Jun 29, 2016, at 2:48 AM, Austin Zheng <austinzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you tested it, there's a problem with the current behavior independent of
> associated type inference, and it should be fixed whether or not the proposal
> is accepted.

I don’t think it should be an error. Normally we can have any number of
functions with the same name but different return types. By failing in this
specific case would be like saying that when you implement a protocol with an
associated type you can only return what’s defined in the associated type. I
don’t think that should be the behaviour we expect.