> to make use of Swift more appealing and useful for science, engineering and
> finance and everything else involving actually calculating things, I think it
> would be a big step forward if Swift would ship with its own math/numerics
> library.
There are several topics that imho would benefit from a standard implementation
(C++ would be so much nicer with a simple "Point" type…) — math is one big
piece, but there are many more.
None the less, it seems the core team has no time or interest in supporting
libraries besides the bare stdlib, and the rest of the community is to
fragmented to tackle this :-(

It's likely that there will be de-facto standards sooner or later, but it
doesn't look like we'll have something like boost soon.