> On Feb 20, 2017, at 6:44 PM, Robert Widmann <devteam.cod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I would honestly love to see something which just maps modules to
>> folders/groups for simplicity sake.
>>

> There is nothing about this scheme that prevents you from organizing your
> code this way.  However, modulo that particular method of organization, you
> don’t really gain much as a user of the language by imposing this restriction.

I think the big gain is that users of IDEs would just be able to graphically
organize modules in Xcode.  Non-IDE users could use the finder to organize
things into nested folders.  This maps pretty well with the way I organize my
code already (others may be different), so it doesn’t add much complexity.

On a side note, I do think that people will quickly want a way to reference a
particular submodule boundary with access modifiers.  It may not be part of
this proposal, but it is somewhat inevitable.  We should consider that as we
consider this proposal…

Thanks,
Jon