> On May 2, 2017, at 6:44 PM, Jon Shier via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>       I’m not a language or memory expert, so I think the proposal could use
> a few more examples of the code it would disallow. Perhaps examples from real
> world projects? Without being an expert I’m having a hard time seeing the
> full impact of the proposed rules.

We hope that there will not be any widespread examples from real-world projects
that run afoul of the rule.  If the examples seem a little contrived, that's
good; we believe the rule is almost always already followed.

>       Also, the @exclusivity syntax doesn’t seem fully defined. Is there a
> @exclusivity(checked) counterpart?

Yes, which would be the default (on class properties and global variables).

> Would subclasses be allowed to mark inherited properties more or less
> strictly?

No.  The rule has to be established by the place which creates the storage.

> Also, is the logic for @ attributes and keyword attributes documented
> anywhere? Otherwise it seems like exclusive / nonexclusive would be an option.

The guidelines about when to use an @ attribute and when to use a keyword
attribute are always a bit uncertain, but in this case I think they clearly
point us towards an @ attribute.  This is an attribute which opts in to unsafe
behavior for performance reasons; it is not expected to be important enough to
warrant a keyword.

John.