> On May 5, 2017, at 11:06 PM, Xiaodi Wu <xiaodi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The identifier after a colon is *never* a type in any pattern matching, and
> there's no need of which I'm aware to support type annotations in pattern
> matching. We put colons after labels, and the current syntax is perfectly
> consistent here. What is the defect you're trying to cure?

The defect underlying this proposal: `let (x: Int, y: Double)` looks like it's
declaring `x` and `y` of types `Int` and `Double`, but it's actually declaring
`Int` and `Double` and binding them to `x` and `y`. Your code's meaning is
perfectly unambiguous to the compiler, of course, but it's misleading to the
human.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies