I am not suggesting open sourcing UIKit or Cocoa (or any platform specific UI
code).  I am suggesting creating a very small open source swift-corelib that
sits on top of foundation, and adds basic visual concepts like Color, Image,
AttributedText, and (hat tip to T.J.) BezierPaths.  Things where the concepts
themselves are completely cross-platform, and they really should be in
foundation, except that they are visual concepts, and thus got packaged with
the whole platform framework for historical reasons.

Thanks,
Jon