I like the idea of fixing this area of the language and I’m happy to see others
already pointed out that extend could be implicit and does not need to be
introduced at all, where default would become necessary for protocol default
implementations.

If I’m not mistaken this _can_ be an improvement now, which later could be
syntactically sugared by default implementations in protocols (which would not
require the default keyword):

https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/docs/GenericsManifesto.md#default-implementations-in-protocols-

--
Adrian Zubarev
Sent with Airmail

Am 14. Juni 2017 um 20:46:50, Matthew Johnson via swift-evolution