I’ll throw my syntax suggestion into the mix: backslashed brackets for the
braces, a colon for the separator.

let fsa: \[3: Int\] = \[3: 1, 2, 3\]

Or maybe go the string interpolation route and only backslash the first bracket.

let fsa: \[3: Int] = \[3: 1, 2, 3]

I think that looks pretty clean. For one-dimensional arrays, you could even
omit the size and infer the type.

let fsa = \[1, 2, 3] // Of type \[3: Int]

And I agree with Taylor that the separator chosen should have no standalone use
in the language — colon, semicolon, pound sign, etc are OK, but operators
shouldn’t be used.