> On Jul 23, 2017, at 3:18 PM, Taylor Swift via swift-evolution
> <swift-evolution@swift.org> wrote:
>

> If we’re actually going to try and establish a relationship between the FSA
> asterisk and the multiplication asterisk, this is even more problematic. How
> does the asterisk work in FSA literals, where there is no type annotation to
> go on the right of the asterisk?
>
> Also introducing contextual keywords like “of” is going to cause a huge
> amount of problems with syntax highlighters considering how often the word
> “of” is used as an argument label in Swift. The words “as” and “stride”
> already make for some interesting code highlighting, “of” would take it to a
> whole new level.

I think I mentioned it at the end of the proposal, but there’s a reason I’m
using comma/colon/semicolon for FSAs. They are already reserved separators
within Swift’s syntax. The multiplier ideas or “of” seem to be just for
cuteness; why take a token out from being free to reserved for a purpose that
can be mechanically done by an existing separator token.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
darylew AT mac DOT com