I had a proposal for replacing/reintroducing `ExpressibleByStringInterpolation`
(which is currently deprecated pending a redesign), but it landed too late in
the Swift 4 cycle to be considered. The PR is here:
https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/pull/659

I think it squares up relatively well against the Swift 5 standards:

* It addresses ABI stability and strings, which are both Swift 5 themes.

* It includes an implementation, but it definitely needs a rebase, probably
needs someone more experienced than me to examine it with a fine-toothed comb,
and might need a significant redesign.

* I believe it includes tests.

* I don't think it's been run against the source compatibility suite. (Is there
a way for random outside developers to do that?)

So what's the next step at this point?

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies